With it's compact design, stable feel and 2 side flywheels (versus one in the middle of the machine as most elliptical trainers have), this elliptical feels and looks like one of those $3000.00+ commercial units you find in the high end health clubs. The pedals are not wide apart due this superior design.
- Stride Length: Adjustable - 17", 19" & 21"
- Resistance Type: Magnetic Resistance
- Built In Workout Programs: 13
- Upper Body Arms: Yes
- Heart Rate Monitor: EKG Pulse Grip
- Water Bottle Holder: Yes
- User Weight Capacity: 300 lb.
- 3 Position Adjustable Stride
- Adjusting the stride length of your elliptical allows you to work your muscles differently, which can help you achieve more definition faster. Strides can be adjusted from 17", 19", and 21". These are all excellent stride lengths which will benefit users of all heights.
- 2 Side Flywheels
- You may have noticed this design in many of the high end commercial elliptical trainers. It's a trend that is slowly creeping into the residential elliptical market. Having 2 side flywheels (instead of 1 large one in the middle as most ellipticals have) cuts down on space requirements and also makes for a very stable, sleek looking machine.
- High Stability
- With a 300 pound user weight capacity and a high unit weight, the New Balance 9000 feels extremely stable. Users have commented that it is built like a truck and if you're worried about moving it, it comes with 2 wheels on the front for easier movement.