With the X5 elliptical cross-trainer, Life Fitness's X Series really takes off. Buyers get the great ergonomics of other Life Fitness machines -- plus the enhancement of an adjustable stride. This feature is ideal for multi-user households and for people interested in training different muscle groups. The X5 is a step up from the X1. Attractive features include great ergonomics, a heart rate readout, quiet operation, and durability.
Adjustable stride -- The stride can be manually adjusted between 18" and 24".
Comfortable pedals -- The X5 has oversized pedals with foam inserts.
Heart rate monitoring -- Pulse rate sensors are built into the handlebars.
Sturdiness -- This machine weighs 215 pounds and has a 350-pound user weight capacity.
Programming -- The X5 cross trainer includes just 5 or 10 preset workouts, depending on the console. However, there are 16 resistance levels, which is an improvement over the X1. Also, the programs are especially dynamic because of the adjustable stride, which lets people train different muscle groups. The X5 also includes upper-arm workouts.
Extras -- A reading rack and accessory trays are included.
Fixed stride 20" long. Size -- This machine is 81" inches long for a smoother elliptical action than other elliptical trainers.
Choose from an 18-inch walk, a 20-inch jog, a 22-inch run, or a 24-inch sprint.
A generous range of innovative workout programs let you track progress, change workouts, target different parts of your body, and train for specific sports or activities.
The X5 and X5i are perfect for multi-user households and for people who love to exercise their options.
SelectStride techology's stride length adjustability allows for greater exercise variety; choose among four natural-feeling strides.
MagnaForce resistance system quietly and precisely controls 20 intensity levels.
Easy-to-use console displays continuous feedback.
A wide range of workout programmes keep you motivated.
- 4-position stride length adjustment
- Smooth, Link6 elliptical drive system
- Optional Polar heart rate monitoring Rx
- ErgoGrip bullhorn front handlebar
- 6 pre-programmed workouts
- 3 LED workout feedback windows
- Moving Arm Technology Moving
- Buttons on Moving Arms?
- Stationary Arm Type? ErgoGrip
- Drive System Rear Drive (Belt / Alternator)
- Resistance System MagnaForce Braking System
- Stride Technology Select Stride
- Adjustable Stride Manual Adjustable
- Stride Length 18" to 24" (2" increments)
- Resistance Range Levels
- Display Type LED
- Workout Feedback Display 16 Character Message Center
- Profile (Workout Intensity Chart) 10" x 14" LED Window
- Number of Workout Programs 12
- Number of Display Readouts 12
- Contact / Touch Heart Rate Monitoring (Y/N)? Y
- Number of User IDs 4
- User Statistical Storage (Total Hours used, etc) Y
- Accessory Tray For Water, Books, etc (Y/N)? Y
- Power Requirements Standard AC Plug-in
- Dimensions 82 x 27 x 62 inch
- Machine Weight 250 lbs
- Max User Weight 350 lbs
- Max Step-Up Height 10"
- Consumer Reports BEST BUY
- Full Body Workout/ZERO IMPACT
- Synchronized upper body involvement for a total body workout
- natural 6 Motivating Workout Programs (8 with optional heart rate)
- MagnaForce™ Resistance System ensures precise transition
- Overall dimensions: 65in length x 27in width x 62in height