- Heavy Duty Construction
- 3 HP Continuous Duty
- 0-10 mph
- 0-15% Elevation
- 18in X 54in Running Surface
- Reversible Wax Deck
Landice has two lines of treadmills: the Club series commercial treadmills for fitness centers and the like, and their L Series treadmills for home use. Within the L Series treadmills there are the L7 and L8 treadmill models. The Landice L7 Series Pro Sports Trainer has a retail price of around $3,800.
Highlights of the Landice L7 Series Pro Sports Trainer
20” x 58” four-ply treadbelt
The large surface area of the treadbelt on the Landice L7 Series Pro provides ample room for walking or running. The four-ply belt is twice as strong as most treadbelts (most treadmill manufacturers use two-ply belts). A strong belt is important to prevent over-stretching. With a two-ply belt, they tend to get over-stretched and in time they usually need to be replaced.
2 ½” diameter, 14-pound steel rollers
The Landice L7 Series Pro has large, heavy rollers. This is important because the larger the roller diameter, the less tension is required on the treadbelt since the roller has more surface area to grab the belt. Decreased tension means decreased friction and longer-lasting belts and bearings. A heavier roller means smoother operation.
400-pound user weight capacity
The Landice L7 Series Pro can easily handle the weight of just about any walker or runner without over stressing the frame. If you’re a heavy person, you don’t have to worry about this treadmill breaking down prematurely. The frames on all Landice treadmills are made of aircraft quality aluminum and secured with aircraft locking hardware to withstand the weight of heavy users. In addition, the decks on all Landice treadmills are 1” thick versus the standard ¾” thick decks found on most treadmills.
Reading / Accessory Rack
Make your workouts more enjoyable on the Landice L7 Series Pro by reading your favorite magazine or book!
32” x 77” footprint / 300 lbs.
The Landice L7 Series Pro is a large, somewhat heavy treadmill, so be sure you know exactly where you want it before having it delivered because it won’t be easy to move! This is not a negative. The bigger and heavier the treadmill, the more durable and stable it will be during your workouts. You don’t want the treadmill shaking when you run, which is what happens with smaller, lighter treadmills.
15% electric grade elevation
Need to increase the intensity of your workout? No problem. The Landice L7 Series Pro allows you to elevate the deck up to 15% with the simple touch of a button.
0.5 – 12 mph speed range
If you are a hardcore runner and like to push yourself, the Landice L7 Series Pro will easily fit the bill with a maximum speed of 12 mph.
What Customers say about the Landice L7 Series Pro Sports Trainer
Here are some comments I found on the popular consumer opinions website, epinions.com:
- "This is the best treadmill; you would find it in your local health club. With a lifetime warranty you might never buy another one. I love it!"
- "If you taking running or walking seriously, then consider the Landice. I feel you get the most for your money with this machine."
- "If you have tender knees like I do, I believe you'll get your money's worth spending a bit more on the Landice than you would buying a cheaper brand/model."
- "A lot of money but also a lot of treadmill. I'd buy it again."
With your first step onto a Landice treadmill you become part of a unique workout experience - one that delivers a health-club quality workout in the privacy of your own home.
This is the philosophy that underlies the design of the L7 Series treadmills. Built to full institutional standards, these treadmills offer the latest in engineering technology combined with old-fashioned American craftsmanship.
Soft styling enables these treadmills to blend into any environment, but don't be fooled by their refined looks and whisper-quiet operation. Underneath the hood is the raw power of a 3 horsepower continuous-duty drive motor.
For over 35 years, Landice has made treadmills - only treadmills. Landice has placed over 50,000 units in the harshest commercial environments. Because Landice uses the same time-tested commercial grade components in all of their treadmills, only Landice can offer a lifetime residential treadmill warranty.
Features & Benefits:
- The Strongest Treadmill Frame
- The Landice rust-free aircraft quality aluminum frame, with up to a 500-pound capacity is the strongest in the industry. Did you know that aluminum is three times stronger than steel per unit weight?
- The Most Powerful Drive Motor
- The Landice 3 horsepower continuous-duty drive motor provides 0.5 mph to 12 mph speed range. Made in the USA, this motor can continuously deliver 3 HP without overheating.
- Wearing the safety lanyard with magnetic key switch provides added security should need to stop quickly.
Landice Treadmills Offer Two Levels of Shock Absorption
- Standard VFXPlus Shock Absorption System - 5 TIMES SOFTER THAN GRASS
- Designed for walkers and runners seeking significant impact reduction while maintaining a realistic outdoor feel. 4-ply treadbelt is twice as strong as conventional 2-ply belts.
- Optional ElliptiMill Orthopedic Shock Absorption System - 7 TIMES SOFTER THAN GRASS
- The optional Orthopedic 4-ply, cushioned treadbelt provides the ultimate reduction of impact on joints and knees.
The Strongest Deck with the Longest Life
- Landice's 1-inch thick, reversible deck is rated for 3,000 hours per side. Takes a pounding for over 30 years.
1000-pound thrust elevation motor
- 33% stronger than the nearest competitor?s for smooth operation and extended life.
The Most Efficient Flywheel
- The Landice high-inertia cast flywheel not only provides for a smooth feel, it also protects the motor and electronics from damaging foot-plant spikes that reduce life.
The Most Durable Rollers
- Landice large diameter rollers require less tension than smaller rollers since they have more surface area to grab the belt. Decreased tension means decreased friction and longer life on belts and
bearings. Landice further enhances belt tracking by machining a crown on its front and rear rollers. With the heaviest rollers in the industry, Landice rollers actually act as two extra flywheels in the treadmill, further contributing to smooth operation and longer treadmill life.
- L7 Base
- Drive Motor 3 HP Continuous
- Belt Size: 20"x 58" four-ply treadbelt
- Elevation: 15% electric grade elevation
- Speed Range: 0.5 - 12 mph speed range
- Rollers: 2-1/2" diameter, 14-pound steel rollers
- Frame Material Aluminum - Frame is secured with Aircraft locking hardware
- Deck Thickness 1 Inch Maintenance Free
- Reversible Deck This deck provides a life of 3000 hours per side without lubrication.
- Shock Absorption VFX Maximum shock Absorption across the entire running surface
- Max User Weight: 400 lbs
- L7 Footprint: 32" x 77"
- Weight: 300 lbs.
- Reading / Accessory Rack
- Color: Titanium
Pro Sports Trainer Console
- The Pro Sports Trainer panel features the same two-color, hi-definition displays as the Cardio Trainer but without the heart-rate control programs and display. Wireless chest-strap, heart-rate monitoring is included. AccuTrack contact monitoring is optional.
- Personal data and statistics storage for five family members
- Numeric keypad with Quick-Speed and Quick-Grade controls
- 5 Built-in programs with variable time and unlimited effort levels
- 5 User-defined programs
- Standard wireless-chest-strap heart-rate monitoring system
- Optional Accutrack contact heart-rate monitoring system
Options Available by special request. Contact us for details.
- Parallel Medical Rails
- Black frame
LANDICE BUILDS THE STRONGEST FRAME - The Landice frame is made of aircraft quality 6063-T6 aluminum and secured with aircraft locking hardware. Costing three times more than steel, aluminum
gives our frame the strength to support a user weighing up to 500 lbs.
- • Aluminum is an inert material — It does not rust.
- • Aluminum is three times stronger than steel per unit weight
- • Aircraft locking hardware is more reliable than welding
- LANDICE USES THE HEAVIEST INSTITUTIONAL GRADE STEEL ROLLERS Large commercial grade rollers, results in greater surface area and requires less tension which increases the longevity of the
bearings and belts while further improving how smoothly it operates.
- LANDICE USES THE MOST POWERFUL DRIVE MOTOR - Landice uses a 4 horsepower continuous-duty drive motor that is made in the USA. 4.0 HP prevents the motor from overheating while making it
possible to workout at speeds ranging from 0.5 to 12 mph.
- LANDICE BUILDS A BETTER FLYWHEEL - Landice uses a state-of-the-art, high-inertia, custom cast iron flywheel that protects the motor and electronics from stress associated with treadmill use.
- LANDICE'S EXCLUSIVE SOFTER-THAN-GRASS VFX FLOATING DECK SYSTEM • The VFX (Variable Flex) system features multiple shock-absorbing elements, which self-tune to a user’s stride to provide
optimal performance in the strike, thrust, and kick zones. This provides five times the amount of absorption on grass. • Absorbing shock in the vertical direction only. The VFX system is softest when the runner’s foot strikes the deck. During this strike, the system does not allow side-to-side or rocking motions, which can be harmful to joints and knees. • Because the floating deck system can not move backwards, the system provides firm thrust and a stiffer kick zone creating a realistic “outdoor” feel regardless of where you run on the deck (front, middle, or rear). A commercial grade, cushioned, four-ply treadbelt provides additional protection to the joints and knees.
- LANDICE USES THE STRONGEST DECK WITH THE LONGEST LIFE • Landice's 1” thick decks are the strongest in the industry • Landice's no-maintenance decks have a life of over 3000 hours per side.
In addition to the qualities that come standard with the L7 series, the Pro Sport Trainer model includes extra features such as:
- Numeric keypad with Quick-speed and Quick-grade controls.
- 5 built in programs with variable time, speed and elevation.
- 5 user defined programs.
- Displays data in English or Metric configurations.
- Standard wireless chest strap heart rate monitoring system.
- 20” x 58” walking surface
- 15% grade elevation
- 400 lb user capacity
- L7 Footprint: 34" x 76"